What is Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori) Infection?
H. pylori is a bacterial infection caused by the spiral-shaped bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. These bacteria get access to the body and enter the digestive tract. H. pylori remain seated there without causing any symptoms until they develop ulcers in the stomach. They are one of the main cause of ulcers in the stomach and small intestines. These bacteria usually infect the children. H. pylori are resistant to the acidic environment of the stomach. They have the ability to decrease acidity around them. Due to their spiral shape, they easily enter into the stomach lining where they are protected by mucus and immune cells do not recognize them. In some cases, it can cause stomach cancer.
How Ulcers are Caused due to H. Pylori Infection?
After entering the stomach this bacteria attack the lining of the stomach and damages it. This lining protects inner layers of the stomach from acid which is released for digestion of food. When the lining is destroyed enough, acid penetrates the lining and causes ulcers.
How H. Pylori Infection Spreads?
- Through physical contact like mouth to mouth contact
- From feces to mouth
- Not washing hands properly after going for defecation
- Contaminated food or water
What are the Signs and Symptoms of H. Pylori Infection?
Most of the infected people do not have any symptoms until ulcers develop. When H. pylori infection leads to the stomach or small intestine ulcers, symptoms developed are:
- Gnawing abdominal pain when the stomach is empty
- Excessive burping
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite (anorexia)
- Undefined weight loss
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Blood in stool
Who are at Risk of Getting H. Pylori Infection?
- People living in developing countries
- People coming into physical contact with infected persons
- Living in overcrowded house or area
- Taking contaminated food or water
How H. Pylori Infection can be Diagnosed?
Signs and symptoms suggesting an ulcer in the stomach will give a lead to the doctor and there will be some tests and examination to diagnose an H. pylori infection.
- Blood tests to detect infection
- Stool tests to detect blood and H. pylori in the stool
- Urea breath test reveals higher level normal gases in a breath
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Computed tomography scan (CT scan)
What can be the Complication of H. Pylori Infection?
In the case of peptic ulcers, there can be various complications if the case is not treated or undertreated.
- If ulcer penetrates blood vessel it can lead to internal bleeding.
- If ulcer penetrates stomach wall can cause perforation.
- Peritonitis, i.e. infection of the lining of the abdominal cavity called peritoneum.
What is the Treatment for H. Pylori Infection?
In the conventional system of medicines, these infections can be treated by antibiotics, acid-reducing drugs, and antihistamines. But instead of all these medications you should prefer ayurvedic treatment as it is safe for use containing natural herbs. These herbs will treat the infection from root cause.
How Ayurveda can help in the Treatment of H. Pylori Infection?
Ayurveda treats diseases in a very natural way and without any side effects. Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine which uses pure and natural herbs for treating health ailments. According to Ayurveda H. pylori infection is caused due to an imbalance of Pitta Dosha. Infections are triggered by Amal pitta (acidity). Treatment includes balancing of the imbalanced or aggravated dosha. H. pylori infection is treated by balancing Pitta dosha along with proper diet and lifestyle.
Herbal Remedies for Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) Infection by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers HPLORI Care Pack for the treatment of H. pylori infection in a natural and safe way. This pack is prepared from herbs of best quality, which gives good result.
HPLORI Care Pack
- Pitta Balance – 1 capsule twice daily.
- Neem Capsules – 2 capsules twice daily.
- Phyllanthus Niruri – 2 capsules twice daily.
- Vara Churna – 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
- Amalaki Rasayan – 2 capsules twice daily.
1. Phyllanthus niruri
These capsules are made from the standardized extract of Phyllanthus niruri herb. Its benefits are:-
- It builds up immunity and helps the body to fight with infection in a very natural and safe method.
- All the stomach ailments are relieved by it.
- Phyllanthus capsules relieve gastrointestinal complaints like hyperacidity, and constipation which will help in preventing ulcers.
- Loss of appetite and excessive thirst is relieved by these capsules.
- Phyllanthus capsules act as a tonic which helps to maintain overall health.
2. Pitta Balance
It is composed of natural calcium compounds. Its benefits are:-
- As in H. pylori Pitta dosha is aggravated. The cooling compounds present in these capsules balances Pitta dosha in the body.
- It relieves body heat, palpitations, heartburn, abdominal pain, and ulcers.
- These capsules re-energize the body.
- These capsules are made up of praval pishti, mukta pishti, akik pishti, giloy satva, and kamdhudha ras.
3. Neem Capsules
Neem capsules are made up of pure Neem extract. Its benefits are:-
- These capsules are used to treat gastric ulcers.
- It is also beneficial in treating gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastroduodenal ulcers, and esophageal ulcers.
- Neem capsules have antibacterial action which helps to kill bacteria in H. pylori disease.
- Heartburn, nausea and vomiting is treated by it.
4. Vara Churna
Vara churna is a blend of herbs. Herbs used in it are haritaki, amalaki and bibhitaki. Its benefits are:-
- This churna strengthens digestive system of the body and relieves all symptoms of weak digestion.
- It removes toxins from the body and clear channels blockage.
- Constipation is relieved by proper use of this churna.
- Vara churna gives nutrition to the body as a whole.
- This churna deals with all symptoms associated with H. pylori bacteria.
5. Amalaki Rasayan
These capsules are made up of Amla (Emblica officinalis). Amalaki rasayan is enriched with medicinal properties. Its benefits are:-
- These capsules relieve nausea, vomiting and heartburn.
- It eliminates toxins from the body and strengthen body’s immunity.
- Anti-inflammatory property of these capsules helps to treat H. pylori, gastritis, and hemorrhoids.
- Amalaki rasayan protects and revitalizes nervous system and heart.
- Blood sugar levels can be maintained by proper consumption of the Amalaki rasayan capsules.