The respiratory system is a very complicated and detailed network of channels that carry vital force. Lungs receive vital force or oxygen which is breathed in through nose and mouth. According to Ayurveda stomach and lungs are the main sites of Kapha Dosha. Any imbalance in Kapha dosha results in respiratory diseases.
What is Kapha Dosha?
According to Ayurveda, Kapha is an energy in the body which is made up of components of water and earth. Kapha literally means one which binds or holds things together. This dosha is responsible for stability, lubrication, and support of the body. Kapha maintains our emotions and keeps our calm. It also supports physical and mental longevity. Kapha controls the formation of nutritive fluids, fats, blood, bones, muscles, reproductive tissues, and marrow. Imbalance of the Kapha dosha results in many respiratory ailments. As a result of imbalanced Kapha dosha, mucus is produced in the stomach and then accumulates in the respiratory system.
What are Qualities of Kapha Dosha?
As we said Kapha is made up of earth and water so just imagine what will be the qualities of water and earth same will be of the Kapha Dosha. Both are dense, cold, static and dull by nature. It also has other qualities like wet, heavy, slow, sticky, smooth, cloudy, liquid and gross. It may be hard or soft just like mud.
What are the Characteristics of Kapha Dosha?
Kapha is in a balanced condition supports body functions. Kapha provides body heat, physical stability to our body. It maintains lining of GIT, bones, mucous membranes, and myelin sheath.
How is Imbalanced Kapha dosha manifested in the Respiratory System?
- A cough
- Much mucus and phlegm
- Loss of smell sensations due to congestion of sinuses
- Difficulty in breathing, pneumonia
How can Kapha Dosha be pacified by Diet Management?
- Avoid taking heavy foods like cheese and meat.
- Avoid taking fried and fatty foods.
- Take foods that are bitter, pungent and astringent in taste.
- Take low-fat milk and take it warm.
- Avoid taking sugar and instead of it take honey as it helps to reduce Kapha Dosha.
- Avoid taking nuts and tofu. You can take all the other beans.
- Avoid taking much of rice and wheat as it increases Kapha.’
- Do not take cucumbers, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes as they increase Kapha.
- Follow a fixed daily routine for meals.
- Take a deep breath after completing your meal.
- Eat food in a peaceful environment.
- Avoid overeating or overdrinking.
- Take breakfast and dinner light and lunch heavier.
What Lifestyle should be followed to Balance Kapha Dosha?
- Exercising is the master key to balance Kapha Dosha. As during exercise sticky and dense Kapha liquefies and goes back to the digestive tract to be eliminated. Also during exercise body’s demand for oxygen increases the lung capacity and keep the lungs healthy.
- Meditation can also help to keep Kapha dosha in the balance as it keeps the mind calm and stress-free which is bad for health. Due to a calm and relaxed mind and body breathing patterns are regulated and improves lung function. Try to do meditation every day for 20-30 minutes.
- Practicing yoga regularly keep channels of body open and flowing free. As both breath and movement are linked in yoga. You can do go which involves movements of the rib cage and maintain healthy lung function.
- Pranayama is a kind of yoga which helps to revitalize the vital force of the body. It calms the mind and strengthens and clear physical body too. It maintains healthy lung functions.
Treatment of Respiratory Diseases by Ayurvedic Medicines
Planet Ayurveda offers Allergy Care Pack for the treatment of various respiratory diseases.
Allergy Care Pack
1. Tulsi Capsules
Tulsi capsules are prepared from pure and authentic Tulsi herb. It is very effective in treating sore throat and chest complaints. These capsules remove toxins and free radicals from the body due to its antioxidant effect. It treats colds, croupy cough, and flu. Tulsi capsules relieve stress and maintain the overall health of an individual. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, treats inflammatory conditions of respiratory tract like sinusitis and rhinitis.
2. Praanrakshak Churna
Praanrakshak churna is a beneficial remedy for asthmatic patients. It is also used to treat various other respiratory tract diseases. This churna relieves a cough, cold and inflammatory conditions as well. Due to antibacterial, antibiotic and antiseptic action it prevents and treats infections.
3. Aller-G Care
It prevents and treats inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract. It is very effective in treating all types of allergies. These capsules have anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-diabetic properties. Antioxidant property of these helps to increase the immunity of the body.
4. Curcumin Capsules
These are single herb capsules which help in treating various respiratory ailments. It reduces or kills free radicals from the body and strengthen the immunity. Anti-inflammatory action of these capsules relieves inflammation anywhere in the respiratory tract.
What are the Advantages of taking Allergy Care Pack of Planet Ayurveda?
Planet Ayurveda manufactures this product under strict Ayurvedic principles. Several reasons which make it superior to other similar products are:-
- This powder is 100% Ayurvedic.
- It is a purely a vegetarian product.
- Allergy Care Pack do not contain any chemicals, preservatives, starch, additives, colors, yeast, binders or fillers.
- Its testing is not done on animals.
- This product is available at Planet Ayurveda at a reasonable price with the best quality.
- Only pure Ayurvedic herbs of the best quality are used.
- Standardized extracts are used in the preparation of this product.
- Only organic products are used for ensuring better results.