Psoriasis happens when our own immune system doesn’t differentiate between the good and bad tissue, the tissues which do not harm the body, and are in fact beneficial to maintain a good health are attacked by it. The result is swelling in the skin and a fast turnover of skin cells. The cells pile up on the surface and skin can’t throw them out of the body.
With too many cells getting accumulated in the skin, it gets thicker and begins itching and red patches get created.It can come up in any age, but mostly it often occurs in the people who are from 15 to 35 years old. Its main symptoms are itchy red patches on the thick skin and silvery scales on knees, elbows, back, palms, face and feet.
Psoriasis can become irritating and stressful, looting the comfort of your body. Many creams and lotions are available in the market but they just provide temporary relief. Despite the fact that some of the diet supplements also enhance these symptoms.
There are certain diets which can reduce psoriasis. So better be alert while choosing your diet. Nutrition is good for psoriasis diet. If you already suffer from psoriasis, you need to include the following nutrients to your diet like;
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are seen as a natural remedy. They always break down the harmful molecules.
- Omega 3 fatty acids: Omega 3 fatty acids help in regulating inflammation and can travel far enough to help people who are suffering from chronic psoriasis.
- Vitamins: Vitamins are mandatory to maintain a healthy skin. It is also necessary for the skin to retain its moisture. Psoriasis patients should include vitamins, in their diet especially vitamins A and C.
Psoriasis Treatment and Diet should go hand in hand. People who wish to ensure that the treatment is most effective have to make certain changes in the diet that include the following food items in their diet. Psoriasis treatment and diet should certainly include the following:
Ideal Diet Chart For the Patients of Psoriasis
- Flaxseed is a really rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. This will help the patients to control inflammation and also lowers the chances of a buildup of cholesterol and they have anti-inflammatory properties, these fatty acids combat with conditions that cause chronic inflammation.
- Flaxseeds hold so much omega-3 fatty acids in them that it is often given to hens to give an omega-3 fatty egg.
- Psoriasis is classified as an inflammatory disease and when inflammation is curbed by omega-3 fatty acids, the end of psoriasis becomes inevitable.
2. Green vegetables:
- Green vegetables have an abundance of omega 3 fatty acids. The green vegetables have a good amount of nutrition in them for people who are vegetarian and never like non-vegetarian food that contains omega 3 acids.
- In addition, it also found a clear sign that both behave like chalk and cheese when associated between the psoriasis and the intake of beta-carotene from foods.
- Mostly we typically associate beta-carotene with orange vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes, the truth is that green leafy vegetables such as spinach,kale,romaine lettuce, collard greens, microgreens,dandelion leaves and cress are also amazing choice beta-carotene.
- In green veggies, this orange pigment is simply hidden behind the presence of the green chlorophyll. Other studies have also shown a high overall vegetable intake with a reduction in the incidence of psoriasis.
3. Fruits for psoriasis:
- When you wish to eradicate psoriasis you need to be alert in choosing the fruits, which one to intake and which one to avoid. One thing is certain in its reduction, choose as many colors in your diet as much as you can, because almost all fruits and veggies are a great source of vitamins A and C.
- They will strongly be able to keep your skin healthy and lower inflammation and dehydration as well. Some good fruits in psoriasis diet include carrots, cantaloupes, berries, etc.
- Turmeric has a wide range of soothing many diseases including psoriasis. It has been used since ages in Chinese cum Ayurvedic medicines. It has anti-inflammatory properties and this plant might not let the symptoms of psoriasis grow.
- Turmeric plays the role of a spice which is used in almost every dish cooked in India to enhance their flavor. You can also use fresh turmeric if you don’t have the access to organic turmeric.
- There are very few foods which are better than garlic when it comes to healing many diseases and promoting health of the body. But eating garlic regularly on a daily basis may be helpful in curbing the growth of psoriasis.
- These beneficial effects of garlic on psoriasis are due to the fact that garlic has the ability to inhibit the activity of lipoxygenase, an enzyme that is involved in the inflammatory creek caused by arachidonic acid.
- A high level of arachidonic acid is found in psoriasis patients, in fact, in his skin and fatty tissues.
- In addition, garlic, especially the fresh garlic has a fair amount of vitamin C in it. It is also being rich in having the antioxidant selenium, with one cup of raw garlic, which provides almost 30% of the recommended daily diet for an average adult to eradicate psoriasis.
- But garlic should be consumed in moderation by psoriasis patients.
6. Lettuce and Broccoli
- Lettuce and Broccoli also help in reducing psoriasis.
Now there are certain Foods that Enhance Psoriasis Symptoms, such as
1.Tomatoes and Peppers
- Tomatoes along with peppers and potatoes are thought to be a nightmare for patients with psoriasis. These kind of vegetables, trigger the symptoms of psoriasis very easily, it has been proved practically. Cut all these veggies from your diet and see for yourself how fast psoriasis leaves, improving the texture of your skin.
2. What Things You Need to be Avoided:
- Alcohol is hated by all parts of the body, especially the liver. It is also responsible for triggering psoriasis due to the fact that it increases inflammation.
- When your blood vessels become dilated, white blood cells, along with the T cells, which are believed to be responsible of causing psoriasis, can sneak in the outer layer of your skin in a very calm manner and your skin don’t need to be inviting more T cells.All get collected, causing psoriasis.
- If you are having any kind of medicine to reduce psoriasis and also having alcohol simultaneously, be ready to face the catastrophe that is coming fast towards you.
- Psoriasis can become uncontrolled and might be painful for your heart.
- Quit alcohol completely and see how fast you retain your original skin.
- You also need to quit eating junk food, you can have it at once in a blue moon, but never get regular, dairy products, fruits like grapefruit, oranges, lemons, and limes, rye, pimento, cinnamon, curry, vinegar, mayo, paprika, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, wheat and barley. All these should be given a miss and see how fast you regain the original and beautiful texture.